Raw cacao is the most antioxidant dense food out there!
Raw Organic Cacao:
- Contains over 700 compounds and complex antioxidants known as polyphenols help reduce ‘bad cholesterol’ and prevent hardening of the arteries to name a few
- Has more than 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries
- Is the highest Plant-Based Source of Iron
- Includes lots of magnesium for a healthy heart, brain, and digestion. Magnesium helps to protect against osteoporosis, reduces type II diabetes, and lowers blood pressure.
- Has more calcium than dairy
- Is a known natural mood elevator and anti-depressant
- Reduces stress hormone cortisol, improved metabolism, and even improved gut microbial activity.
- Polyphenol antioxidants found in cacao belong to the same group of antioxidants as green tea and red wine. These anthocyanins (found in dark colored fruits) and catechins (found in green tea) protect our cells from premature oxidation or destruction and can keep us looking and feeling younger longer
So with all that….let’s talk chocolate for breakfast! Raw cacao is a great way to kick off your day packed with nutrition that supports your entire body and will give you energy! I personally LOVE these Chocolate Breakfast Recipes:
Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats by EatingBirdFood.com
Melanie Schmidt is a Certified Health Coach (from IIN and AAP) and mom of 3 small children that is passionate about supporting and empowering women in achieving a healthy lifestyle that fosters joy, presence, energy and optimal physical and emotional health. Melanie believes that incorporating more whole foods, physical activity, practicing simple mindfulness techniques and doing what gives us joy can be foundational to our health and wellbeing. As a mom of 3 small children, Melanie understands the demands of family life, career, making regular healthy meals, weaving in self care, along with the daily challenge to create life balance. These reasons and challenges are why Melanie is passionate about supporting and partnering with women at any life stage to support them in meeting personal and family wellness lifestyle goals.
Food 4 Thought does not intend to dispense medical advice and should not be considered medical advice or counsel. If you have a question about your health or the health of your child please consult your physician. The stories and information here are anecdotal and of personal opinion only and should not be used as a substitute for medical help.